Non-Rated Unit Hold-Down Brackets
For wind load rated applications, visit our “Engineered Curbs”
Wind rating is subject to all construction features, anchoring points of the curb to building & unit to the curb, building elevation, roof type, Hurricane wind speed/distance from coastline, etc. Not just the bracket load capability.
- Install package curb to roof, fasten to building structure & have roofer flash-in the exterior. (insulate exterior, install roofing felt/membrane, counter flashing, etc..)
- Fasten the hold-down brackets into the curb wall with 4 fasteners inside the length of curb wall at desired locations. (review & avoid unit base rail rigging & fork slot locations).
- Install duct within the package curb & install gasket material.
- Install unit over the curb aligning the unit base rail between the hold-down brackets & the curb wall.
- Fasten the hold-down brackets into the units’ base rail exterior.
- 12ga. G90 min. (33ksi) nominal.
- 12" long standard.
- Qty-4, 1/4"dia. holes punched, 3/4" from the edge for field fastening into the curb wall.
- Qty-4, 1/4"dia. holes punched, 3/4" from the edge for field fastening into the unit base rail.
- Typically 4 provided per 2-5 ton units, 6 per 7.5-10 ton units, 8 per 15-25 ton units, etc...
- Refer to final submittal drawings for suggested locations & quantities.
- Special lengths (specify).
- Specific quantity per unit.
- Qty-8, Dynamic Fasteners #14 x 1 1/2" Tek3 (self drilling) carbon fasteners w/longlife coating & 5/16" hex head, loose per bracket.